Saturday, December 24, 2011

To Atlanta, We march!

My daddy and I are total American Civil War buffs! And just plain history fanatics.
I was so excited about this because… well… it’s travel. And I haven’t been on vacay with my dad in just about forever! Even if I had to share it with his new girlfriend.
This is what I packed: basics. It was only two days, but I still managed to pack quite a bit of clothes.
I wore on the road: black jeggings, nautical ¾ length sleeve shirt, chambray button down belted at the waist, cognac knee high boots.
I can’t wait to get out and explore my second fav Georgia city.

When we got into town I was shocked and saddened to see so vividly the homeless population. It was so cold outside and the group that we saw was so young. I could barely stand it! I have never felt so thankful for my life. I have never been confronted with this mass population of people before. I was so un nerved and slightly afraid of them. Apparently Atlanta has quite the homeless population. I come from a small town and even in Tallahassee, there is not a homeless population like that.
Not exactly the way that I wanted to start off the trip.
But with the Breman Jewish Heritage and Holocaust museum and the Atlanta Cyclorama coming up, I couldn’t help but get over it and move on.
 I’ve got such an amazing life <3 God bless your travels my little nomads!

No comments:

Post a Comment