Tuesday, December 13, 2011

like breathing under water

My brain feels like total and absolute butter!
I’ve also just returned from some ridiculous speed shopping with my dear friend Amanda!! AKA. You know what you want and you just drop by the store to grab a few sizes, try them on, and buy. It’s how I work. She also sort of talks me into things and I talk her into things… I should probably just go it alone from now on, lol. JK Amanda.
And, at around 6:00 PM tonight, I finished my last final for this semester! HU-FREAKING-ZZAH!!! All three in one day makes an interesting study  life, but a fast resolution to the stress.
This semester was brutal… and it’s pretty much all German’s fault. Literally, this whole semester has felt like breathing under water. Just barely making it to the surface for a little bit of air, but panicking the whole time because you know it’s about to get worse. That’s my semester in a metaphor… but now that I can breathe, I feel like I can look forward to my last semester and a half of classes and feel like maybe, just maybe, I can live out all those little fantasies that I had before I ever left home. AHHHHH!!! Church, working out, being awesome! I look forward to focusing on my future rather than on passing German.
And after three weeks of drugging myself to sleep to shut up the anxiety, three all-nighters – two pulled consecutively – and feeling like a stressed-out, spazzed-out, high-strung failure bordering on mental and emotional collapse… to say that I am relieved is an absolute understatement. But, enough about that… because now comes the ever sitting-on-pins-and-needles-experience of waiting for official grades to be posted! Geeze! Worst part of the whole experience.
I feel pretty strongly about my German final, and I’m pulling for two B’s, one A, and a C. Not my usual grades of 4.0 across the board, but seemingly pretty standard performance here. But, I’m  glad that German is over!!!
Happy studying for the rest of you!!!
This was my morning's status: True Story
Don't take the Holocaust and German language in the same semester...
You'll end up dreaming about being arrested, freed by the Allies, and walking past Hitler a few times. All the while debating what to make for your brother for dinner bc the frontier lady cooked so many wonderful dishes on her open fire stove. Clearly, it's going to be a long day....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment