Saturday, November 5, 2011

Georgia on my mind...

Oh, Georgia! How I long to be in the safety of your memories. How I long to be in the security of care-free days. Georgia call to me, call for me, take me in your arms! <3

Why can't December 14th arrive... TOMORROW?!?!?! I am so desperate to see the bare trees with black limbs scraping the blue-gray sky. I want to hear nothing but the wind sweeping through the mountains. The sharp chill of the mountain air is what my lungs long to be filled with.

There is something about the Appalachian mountains that just drives my spirit into a frenzy... maybe it's fact that my family has been vacationing in the White/Habersham/Lumpkin county region of Northeast Georgia for as long as I can remember, maybe it's the family heritage that I have in Georgia... or maybe it's just the magic of the mountains. How could it be otherwise? I always feel so right with the world when I am in Georgia. Every now and again my insecurities sweep through my mind and dampen my spirits, but then I go into the woods and all is again right in my heart.

It is only November 5th and already my mind is thinking on what I need to pack, what outfits will suit both my Ocala travels and my Georgia travels, and what I need to buy... i.e. new tights and jeans since I am still stuck in the size 16 of haunting horror. I just can't wait to be out this damned city named Tallahassee... my feelings towards this city is another blog post entirely...

Keep traveling - in mind, soul, and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment