Friday, July 15, 2011

The Balkans

The word Balkan comes from two Turkish words: Bal meaning honey and kan meaning blood.
Having just returned three days ago from what can only be described as a whirlwind tour of awesomeness, my eyes will never see the world in the same way. The things that I saw, the emotions that swarmed my heart and soul left an impression upon my psyche that shall never dissipate.
I only wish that I had had the ability to feel more. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to cry.
Over the next two weeks I will take pieces from my journal and post them here on my blog in order to share the experiences that have changed my life forever. Pictures and related stories will also be posted. I hope my love for east European cultures - namely Slavic cultures - will one day express themselves in my life's work... to be a Dr. Metcalf would be fulfilling I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment