Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Bad Ass like Lady Godiva

Few people know the real story of that woman riding a horse on the gold chocolate boxes. That woman is a bad ass. She is - in essence - everything a woman should strive to be. Lady Godiva was a bad ass! Basically she had compassion for the poor peasantry in Covington. Her husband pissed her off by ignoring her; but then he said, "Ok, mount your horse naked and ride through the market." Instead of being embarrassed and outraged, she simply mounted her horse and rode through the market naked.
Bad ass. Muckraker. Awesome.
It is known that well-behaved women rarely make history. Even Mrs. Adams is well known because she told her what's what. Not as BA as Godiva, but hey, in her day women were three steps behind men and silent.
You have to be willing to be a BA in order to make in this world as a woman. This guy in my Berlin Conference group asked me what my career plans were and I told him that I was thinking about joining the CIA, etc. and working abroad. He said that I was bad ass. You've gotta be one to get ahead in this world.
Lady Godiva

No comments:

Post a Comment